Life As Ceremony is an independent bi-Annual print journal
Our journal centers Indigenous folks, Black folks, communities of color,
the LGBTQIA community & those otherwise marginalized,
erased or forgotten.
Our vision is to cultivate a space where we can come together for a shared purpose,
to explore themes that reflect our collective experience,
to dive deep into a container of co-creation,
& to encourage collaboration.
This is a space for the histories & lives,
struggles & triumphs,
suffering & joy,
talent & brilliance
of our too often overlooked communities.
We will tell our stories, share our wisdom &
create narratives in our own voices &
through our unique & infinite means of expression.
We aim to honor, celebrate & uplift each other's talents, wisdom, voices, life experiences & contributions.
Your art is sacred.
Your voice is sacred.
Your existence is sacred.
This space is your altar.
Within the pages of our journal you will find gracious offerings from:
• artists creating art, images & words that speak unapologetically & fiercely to the times
• magical mystics who hold sacred space, ceremonies & rituals,
• wise ones with a deep knowledge of plant & animal medicines,
• healers working with the energies of mind, body & spirit,
• community builders & activists disrupting the current paradigm,
• mothers/parents who are nurturing, loving & teaching the next generation,
• unflinching passionate defenders & stewards of the Earth & more than human worlds
• humble teachers, brujas/witches, poignant storytellers, radical change makers,
& so much more!